Thread: Provigil
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Lori

Thanks, I was so disappointed that it didn't work and the pain in my head was awful - the strange thing was that I could actually feel it happening - even when I tried the half tablet - weird. I guess some part of my brain which has been damaged couldn't cope with the drug.

On the 2nd Jan, I was sitting on the couch and burst into tears and cried for hours and hours - nothing like the crying I had done previously - I think things had finally sunk in and the psych 'lessons" and the disappointment of the provigil not working finally really caught up with me - I don't think that I had ever really cried like that in my entire life - not even when my father died when I was 13. I was always so in control and when I felt like crying only ever got tears in my eyes and that was it - I think crying with physical pain is different. I'm raving!

Jeffn - I had studied it up on other sites and so had my GP - provigil was used for narcolepsy - and we had hoped that it could keep me awake all day instead of my 2 sleep times - honestly 6 years 7 months and now 6 days of this is enough.

I think that I will see what the craniosacral will do and then I guess my last option in the neuro feed back - I won't be able to do that myself - apparently some one has started it up in Auckland where I live so will find out about their qualifications and see if insurance will pay.

For about the first time in my life I feel like I have lost my sense of humour and seriously can't think of anything to look forward to plus I don't think I can drag myself back to work on the 21st Jan - don't know if it is the fact that all my holidays are gone until next Christmas or what. I suppose I should be feeling grateful that I can supposedly work 3 hours but at present I don't think I can any more.

And I hit my head again - car door frame again!!! Getting out of it this time - nothing seems to have come of it and the 3 days are passed but my distractability is at an all time high - memory also is hopeless.

Anyway - what do you call it Lori - a pity party - I think I have just been indulging myself big time!!!!!

Hope you are both doing OK and Lori - no over doing anything!!!!!!

Lynlee
Lucy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote