View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 11:50 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sade View Post
I'm new here..I'm 26 and on Jan. 9th I will be one year post-op from a posterior/anterior L5-S1 fusion with instrumentation.

I'm still having pain, although I'm better than I was before surgery. My rods feel odd, when I try an flex my spine to much it feels like they are being gripped.

The doctors are concerned the bone grafts aren't healing properly, so Ill find out next fri at my 1 year post-op. I'm not where I thought I'd be at this point...I just hope things have fused then I can deal with the pain. I want my active life back, I want to travel without worrying about where I'll rest or how I'll carry my own bags. I want to start thinking about having children with my husband without being scared of how my back will handle it.

This is the hardest hurdle I've ever faced. I have horrible insomnia since the surgery becasue I can't seem to get comfortable. Enough of my late night, over-tired ramblings!!
Hey Sade, i'm sorry to hear that your still having issues and pain, thats not cool, i don't know exactly how yours feels, but i know some days my rods feel weird to , especially when its cold, its like the muscles tighten around the rods and its a slight uncomfortable feeling, not painful though, abit like someone has there hand around my lower spine and squeezing/gripping it, this sounds similar to yours but i have no pain, just a "weird" feeling as i like to call it...where is it painful on you ??..in the same spot where they took the bone graft?? or where the rods are ?, i was told the bone graft section can take 18 months to heal by my surgeon and i know when i knock it even slightly it can hurt quite abit , thats right on the back of my hip where they took the bone for the graft, but it doesn't bother me only when i knock it of course!...well i hope the results of your x-rays are good and the fusion has been successful, stay in touch mate!

Mike
kiwimike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-28-2010)