View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 02:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I can say that it hurt after my surgery I had a morphine drip and a controller to push the button for relief of pain when I woke up I was never out of pain for the first few days they will try to get you moving as soon as possible, yes work on breathing I was in hospital 8 days had my tube in me until I seen doc then it was removed so it was in me for awhile. Oh the drive home make sure you have pillows OUCH! you will feel every turn and bump sorry man the first few days I slept allot and did not eat the pain was great I had no problems pushing the button for morphine pump and you can not get comfortable in bed I don't know about showers I did not care for one nor can you with a open wound the nurses washed my hair and bathed me movement was painful ,they even offered to feed me the first few days LOL a major concern is you O2 reading they checked my O2 allot do your breathing thing they want, and PT will want you to move so they will help you also. I had a nurse in my room for the first 24 hours next to me at all times which was so nice I woke up thinking they did not operate on me at first because the last thing I remember was pre op and them saying I will feel sleepy and poof! next thing I knew I was in pain and in a strange room, i wanted to call my wife LOL they said it is 3:00 am and I do not think it would be good LOL but they where so nice they called her for me in the morn telling her I wanted to call her LOL I had to have a fan on me at all times because of being hot and sweating I think it was my RSD causing that. My operation took awhile because of the compression and I was really messed up so it took allot longer.
It may be different for you as I see allot of people have different reaction to the surgery some seemed to have less pain and where out of the hospital sooner some stayed longer all I can say is it hurt and I had great care given to me by the nurses and staff and my Doc they all understood the pain and what we need for relief but be ready to move the PT's will want that and they will give you a breathing exercise to do it will hurt but you must do it. I hope this helped you.
flippn
flippnout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
momzpeachy (01-09-2008)