View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 05:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Wow...that is an incredible story.
I think many of us here have gone through an anger stage and many of us stiill have some of that anger within us. I think folks who don't fully understand this probably have not experienced great pain and/or injustices. Therefore, they are clueless and are unlikely to really "get it."
For the longest time I was so-so with reference to my health care. Then, after a lot of pain and frustration, I took a doormat approach to the situation. This not only led to no improvement, but contributed to depression.
I mustered up a new attitude...one that some might think is "undeservedly high." However, I found that discovering that I have high value and taking the time to learn what I needed to learn (because I am worth it), really paid big dividends. One thing I have learned is that sometimes I have to make compromises in order to accomplish what I would like to accomplish. I'm okay with this. Ironically, when these compromises are made, it is amazing what I can do. Outsiders (those folks...the cluelss above) don't always understand...but I press forward anyway. I'm worth it. And as you know, you are as well.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote