Thread: "EYE" talk
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008, 08:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default "EYE" talk

Today I went to see an Optometrist during lunch. I've always seen a Neuro-Ophthamologist, and a regular Ophthamologist, but I had just gone last year and everything was fine as far as my vision refraction. The last few months, I've noticed that my vision in my right eye was blurry and if I closed my right eye everything was clear. The Neurologist doesn't feel like I've had any recent bouts of ON, so I though it best to get it checked out.

Well, it turns out that I have a SEVERE astigmatism all of a sudden. I've never worn glasses or contacts, and nobody in my family wears glasses or contacts. The Dr. thought it quite odd that all of a sudden at my age one would develop an astigmatism out of the blue so he put me in contact lenses for 2 weeks (non-prescription) to see if we can change the shape of my right eye before he prescribes corrective contact lenses for me. He also mentioned to me that if we weren't able to change the shape of my eye back, I may have to wear glasses, as he may not be able to correct my vision in the right eye with contact lenses.

It seems odd to me, and he went over all of my medications and didn't think it had anything to do with any of the meds I currently take. Has anyone here had anything similar happen to them?

I'm not complaining. I just think it rather odd that this has happened over a short period of time for no reason at my age. Oh, I do have a call into my Neuro-Opthamologist in just to see what he thinks.

Any clues. or similar situations?

Thank you,
Chris

Chris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote