View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 01:13 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo55 View Post
sadly it won't go away by ignoring it- we don't want you to go too far or too long in pain.
Thanks for the links - kind of scary!

So far (since Monday!) I've been doing alright. I've changed my playing position in the last few months so that when I'm at my own keyboard I play standing with the keyboard about hip high. It has helped in that I'm not holding my arms out in front of me. Yesterday and today, whenever my little finger started to tingle I stopped using it.

My plan is to try Sharon Butler's program during my breaks to see if I can hold off the pain through a day. I see my ortho on the 22nd and will see what he has to say. He feels that my elbow is hurting worse because of adhesions from the first surgery, and wants to redo it, wrapping and burying the nerve. I'm thinking if I can control the TOS aspect with some sort of non-surgical program, a redo of the elbow might have a chance. No time for any type of surgery until April, tho - too much money to be made in the next few months.

If I can't control the TOS symptoms on my own, I may be looking at a trip to Denver and Dr. Sanders.

Thanks, all, for your words of wisdom and encouragement!

Sue
pianoplayer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jomar (01-09-2008)