View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:23 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart

((((((Barbara)))))),

OK, Barbara's life -- listen up -- this is the end of the crap for 2008

I don't know what your financial sitch is but if you're getting Medicare, I'm assuming you're not up there with people who get $400 haircuts and daily massages I have MassHealth in addition to Medicare. MassHealth is insurance in my state run by Medicaid (which is a combo Federal-state agency) for us wealthy folks. My co-pays are low-low. I don't pay my Medicare Part B monthly payments, they pick it up. I don't have a lot of expensive drugs, but ...

You're got some options:
- Ask the doctor for something that's in the formulary. The co-payment is extremely high probably because someone at the doctor's office didn't fill out the appropriate paperwork.
- Ask the doctor for a generic equivalent.
- Apply for Medicaid. I don't know what state you're in. Some are good, some are bad. Some states will give you some form of Mediciad coverage to pick up the slack when you're on Medicare. Doesn't hurt to ask.
- Ask the doctor for physician's samples.
- Ask the doctor for the form that you submit to the manufacturer of the drug. You should be able to get it for either free or for lower cost.

I wish we had a government that didn't allow drug manufacturers and oil companies to make record/OBSCENE profits on the backs of the little guys. Bet a million you don't see anyone in the government making a co-pay like that Especially the ones with the $400 haircuts.

Gotta bring out the big guy, you need bigger HUGS

AWWW, I hope you get a break from all this aggravation Hugs.

Barb
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nikko (01-09-2008)