Old 01-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member
Heart Wishing you well... and some thoughts

Dear Mari,

I hope you feel much better very soon!

A low grade fever is more typical of a viral infection than a bacterial infection. As you probably know, antibiotics are not helpful for the former of the two; indeed they lower the immune system - not helpful at all.

Lack of sleep can bring on a headache but so can a low grade fever, let alone the two combined.

I'm glad you stayed home and let your hubby step in. Good for you, taking care of yourself like that, and not pushing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
Now I remember why I hate to go to bed at night. I hate/fear waking up when it is still dark outside.
Mari, as difficult as this experience is, i hope this new insight might bring about a breakthrough in therapy, helping you gain control over your the sleep patterns. Your realization is a huge new piece of information to work with! I'm sorry you experienced such fear, though! that does suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari View Post
I feel like I am being punished for doing something wrong. And I have no idea how to help myself.
I hear a hint of down in the dumps, free-floating anxiety, guilt. Is there actually anything you regret having done? Your illness is not a punishment; we just get sick. Especially in early winter with weather changes, even if you don't have strong winters in your area.

Like Bizi, i hope the recent poignant postings - mine included - were not too hard on you. Seldom, very seldom have i seen you delete posts, yet you have been doing that. Yet, this suggests to me that you are down on yourself a priori - feeling unworthy? Feeling useless - not helpful OVERALL, as you have mentioned in one of your deletions? Do you feel you deserve to be punished (even if you do not know for what)?

You really do sound down in the dumps. But guess what, lack of sleep can cause down-in-the-dumpiness, not always it trigger mania. Feeling bad is a natural response to lack of sleep, and also to being ill!

Furthermore, be mindful of this: when we have sx of physical illness, there is typically an incubation period which may be symptom-free, other than perhaps feeling fatigued, which can express itself emotionally as well. The infection (and stress on the immune system) began before you started having fever and headache. And, during illness including incubation period, our ability to cope with stress is greatly diminished.

Food for thought for you. I hope this might be helpful. And perhaps the following too

~ waves ~ sending humongous healing hugs and positive energy your way