View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Missa

I have been dealing with this TOS for a year now and having surgery on Monday the 14th. I went through so many Doctor's and so many tests (that were unnecessary). I found a vascular surgeon on my own and so glad I did. He did an exam and no doubt agreed with the TOS diagnosis but then referred me to a PT who can determine if surgery was necessary. It was determined. I am too far gone for any help but the surgeon did refer me to a pain management Doctor...well he told me I needed one. I have been going through this without the appropriate management, care and MEDS! Actually...NO MEDS! I searched on my own and found a pain doctor near me who I luckilly got an emergency appt due to my surgery being scheduled. She was shocked to hear I was never referred to her or any other pain doc. She could've done so many tests/procedures. If you have a good pain doc...they should be able to perform tests that would diagnose the TOS. Also, they can find what works and what doesn't work. My pain doc said "I am a classic TOS patient" and have a "severe case which no doubt requires surgery". She said she wishes she could've seen me 6 months ago and been in charge...maybe then surgery could've been avoided.

I am allergic to almost everything but she is helping to find meds that work. Honestly, I would start with the pain doc and see what he/she has to say. Also..try to get the TOS diagnosis before seeing a vascular doctor. Most Vascular groups are surgeons and they won't do testing. They just do surgery. They will most likely refer you to a PT and/or pain doc. The pain doc can rule everything out and get you the proper diagnosis. Mine told me that TOS is actually overdiagnosed in many patients. They have many tests that can acurately diagnose you. I would try there first and see what they say.

Good Luck!

Momz

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote