Thread: Can you relate?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 08:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Back at work and doing great!!!!

Dear lminick, redtail, and neutro,

Ya'll are amazing!!! it brings me so much confort to know that i am finally NO LONGER ALONE in dealing with this. I wanted to type a quick update to this thread and let ya'll (an any one else who might be reading that with the right tools (eg: meds) and the right support network (friends on neurotalk and face to face interpersonal interactions) living a full life with MG is possible! Not only possible but confidence bulding. Right now I'm on a huge emotional high, dispite bad fatigue from working night shift last night. i am scrambling this morning trying to get certain things taken care of as my body does a huge jolting adjustment to night shift.

I look forward to getting a day shift job but my night shift job does pretty much rock! It was great to be back at work and all my co-workers (who by now all know about my hospitization and illness b/c they have seen me crumble before at work). They all rallied around me and just emotionally wrapped me up in bear hugs yesterday to welcome me back. It was almost like (on an emotional level) being a sports star and walking into a room of your most adoring fans. They love me at work and I love them, it is like a really cool family, that is why i have missed it soooooo much.

now that i am more stable on the meds, i am able to enjoy life and interacting with people again. one of the things that i would reccomend for ANYONE dealing with a chronic illness is let your mind and your body come to an agreement about the illness. I know that may not make sense but that was the most transformative statment i have ever heard (prior to comming to this fourm) and it came from an ER doctor.

It was my 3rd time back to the ER with complications since my release to the hospital and he spent about 20 mintues talking with me about how to beat the illness instead of letting the illness rule me. it was awesome b/c basicly what that statement means is, the medicine makes me sick, (which makes me tempted not to take it), but the illness makes me sicker, so you have to use logic and intelect to get your mind to cooperate with what your body needs, even if those needs seem to be counter-intutive in the short term. I hope this message of hope will encourage those out there who are struggling with MG and relapses and everything else to know that though it will NEVER be easy, it really can be done!

Thanks so much for all the support and encouragment, this site has been a huge part of my come back from the depths of depression to someone who is beginging to thrive in life again!

Well i think I'll go lay back down for a nap b/c i gots to work late tonight!
bobcatsrule is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote