View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default a big thank you for your replies!

Hi everyone...thanks so much for all your replies.

I am getting a bit nervous now but really just wanting to get this done! I want my life back! I want use of my arm again! One day OF NO PAIN would be sooooooooo nice! Not sure if that will all happen but I'm hopeful!

I am so stressed right now (posted why in the Today I ..section). My hospital stay is looking like a needed vacation right now. UGH!

I have to say...I'm on on one heck of a weight loss program! Sheesh!

Your stories have me a little worried as to who I'll be rooming with. The way my luck runs...I can only imagine

Johanna...your story of your roomie made me laugh so hard...my son was wondering what was so funny and I read the part of the bowel obstruction and potty...he got the hiccups laughing...even though we both feel for you on that one....how awful!

My husband will be with me and hopefully I won't have too much trouble. Only problem is...we have 4 kids and the hospital is an hour away and he has to be at home too. I had a bad experience when I had my hysterectomy. So I am worried. The night after my hysterectomy...my tube came out of my back (had an epidural). I was in so much pain I was crying and crying...begging for help. I couldn't get a nurse! NOBODY! I was by myself with NOTHING..! I finally got a nurse to come in (2 hours after pressing the call button). Then the nurse goes and gets an ice pack and says "what do you expect..you just had major surgery" . I was on fire ...burning up and in so much pain. Also, the surgeons used latex during the surgery...yea...I'm ALLERGIC to latex! OH WHAT A MESS! I screamed and screamed...by morning I got another nurse who called the anesthesiologist! I told him I demaned someone look at my back cause I felt that the tube came out and I was getting any meds. he had me sit forward and yep I was right! How friggin hard was that! the nurse couldn't look for that! Well, my husband said I should've called him...but it was the middle of the night. He then said I should've called 911. I still laugh and think I will do that next time...Can you imagine...calling 911 from your hospital room to get help! I WILL NOT hesitate to do it either.

Hope all is well...

Momz

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johannakat (01-09-2008), Jomar (01-09-2008)