View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 12:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Don't forget that for every nurse and hospital horror story there is probably great stories of good experiences too. I guess it just depends on what hospital you are at. Again, my hospital stay was not fun, just because it was the last place I wanted to be and I had to be there for so long. But if it werent for the nurses, I dont know what I would have done. Again, my experience was unique and its not often that hospitals see otherwise 'healthy' patients. But I found my nurses to be caring and sympathetic, hard working and knowledgeable and genuinely wanted to do a good job, do the right thing, and make me as comfortable as possible and for that I was so appreciative. I was there for so long and would get so board, that before long I knew all of their names, knew who had kids, where they lived, what they did for fun, what their hobbies were... The surgical unit nurses came by to see me in ICU after my surgery, to just say hi. Later the ICU nurses came by to see me on the surgical floor and I thought it was the nicest thing ever! Three months after the surgery, I had to go back to the hospital for a venogram for the day and was so excitted to go back to the ICU and surgical floor to visit the nurses and show them how well I was doing, thanks to them taking good care of me.

Again, I wish you the best and hope to hear of a great outcome from the surgery and hope your hospital stay is as good as it can be under the circumstances. Hang in there!!!
mtnmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote