View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

It sounds more like your internal clock needs adjusting then you are lacking sleep. Ultimately you pulled off 7 hrs of sleep.

Although this may be inconvenient (and is definitely worth trying to change!), you are not currently working and have no children . . . so this sleep schedule probably isn't as disruptive as it is for people who are/do. I know lots of people who have to work 3rd shift because they are "night people" . . . but this schedule CAN be adjusted, with time and perseverance.

Are you getting exercise and tiring yourself out in the daytime? Could you take up yoga or learn how to hypnotize yourself in order to relax? You could try brain-challenging exercises (learning new & complicated things in the early evening) so that you are tiring your mind out . . .

The first thing you could do though, is to NOT sleep at 5:30 am, or at least to only sleep for a few hours when you do. Chances are you would be much more tired in the evening.

Cherie