Thread: Tremor Troubles
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 04:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Carey,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I've never gone in specifically for the tremors which is probably why they weren't ever addressed. I have seen several neurologists (and an epileptologist); but for my Seizures, Trigeminal Neuralgia and BAM's/Headaches. On a few occasions I have mentioned the tremor, and that I've had it for a long time and on a few other occasions I've had them point it out to me, but not appearing to be concerned, "Oh, you have a tremor?".

I always try to stress my concerns more towards my memory, word gathering, and gait problems yet they seem to want to focus on my seizures which are, the least of my concerns (due to them not being as frequent as something that lasts all day, every day). Somehow the tremors are never a topic of discussion that lasts longer than one simple sentence. They just want to give me new, more, or stronger AED's and stick Botox in various places of my head and send me home.

I just lost my insurance, so hopefully if I'm not rejected for a new carrier I will have better luck. I'd entertain asking my Gyn but he's on my S-list until I find a new one.

I understand the entire concept of finding and addressing the root of the problem versus treating the symptoms. It's kind of weird and maybe I have some bad omen, but every time I go to get that done they find a new problem. I think I have some bizarre diagnosis phobia or just a general bitterness for my health care providers. Once I've learned more about insurance and rejection, I'm terrified if they name anything because it always increases my chances of rejection.

Just as an example, in May I went to have a single cyst removed. During that procedure they found 7 more and a 'mass' on my liver. I went to get the liver mass checked out and they found my ureter regurgitates into my kidneys (or something of that nature), then I go to have that checked out and they find a small bowel obstruction. It got to the point I was laughing like a maniac because it didn't even seem to be real. It was almost a relief to lose my insurance because I didn't want to find anything else out anymore.

I probably need therapy.

Anyway, if I get insurance I will try to find the correct person to try and resolve the hand tremors. It's nice to know there's something out there that can treat them, and I'm hoping that would work for me. It would be nice to stop dropping my dishes!

Thanks again for your reply. It is very much appreciated.

Ellie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote