View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 05:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Finally Diagnosed

Hi Everyone, I've been battling immune problems for four years, I have been through three rheumatologists all who were giving me different diagnoses, so I finally have what I feel is my finally good rheumatologist who I just went to this past Nov, she put me through a ton of tests, I saw her yesterday, and I was just diagnosed with a connective tissue disease that is consisting of lupus, ra, autoimmune thyroidits, plus I have osteoarthritis of my hands and feet, disk degeneration disease of my lumbar and neck spine, I've been through two spinal neck fusions already, I'm only 43, and have been having symptoms for probably as long as 7-8 years.
I currently take plaquenil, evoxac, topamax(migraines), lyrica(nerve pain), and rheumy wants to start me on methotrexate.

I'm currently have awful exhuastion, and feet, toes, and hand swelling, feet become very painful , plus I'm battling very bad pain from my back and neck.

I'm currently scheduled to ct-scans of my chest, abdomen, and pelvis, this doc really seems to be covering everything.

It's about time, I have never gotten such a work-up like this ever, my last rheumy before this one didn't want to see me for nine more months, needless to say that was the last time I saw her which was only four months ago.
I do have problems with my white blood counts, but thankfully this time around all was ok.

So if you don't mind me joining here, I'll be happy to come.
DaisyMae
DaisyMae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote