View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Med Titration and side effects?

After almost 3 years on an anti-seizure med[Keppra] I am titrating off of it. Also a lot of other meds so my docs can get a new 'baseline'.
Going off my first of two key meds was definitely a vacation, going off the seizure med a different issue altogether!
My question is that all has pretty much been fine and dandy but for three particular issues, and I would appreciate anyone else who's gone from meds to none.
1- Sleeping at night has become erratic...it seems like I am waking up exactly every two hours then going back to sleep...don't know why...but all in all, I am sleeping 7-9 hours a night. Tho as good as we always get with PN tho...
2- Return of one particular muscle fasculation in a more active way. Seems the med toned it down..would only get 3-6 times a week, now 3-6 times a day.
Last
3- Super hypersensitivity to sounds...this is the scariest. Common, normal sounds either in the home [such as the furnace going on/off] or a truck noise when out...Suddenly I will go into jumpy adrenaline mode. Going 'jumpy' driving on a busy road is not desirable for sure.

Anyone have similar experiences? Input of all sorts is appreciated - thanks ahead of time and HUGS! - j
Did I mention? No I didn't...The pain levels haven't changed one whit from before to after...soo, maybe other approaches mite be needed? I've not worried about this before, but I am now...Do not know why...but..I am.
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote