View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 10:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I've done a lot of trying out and going off of meds. Some withdrawal effects were temporary, others permanent. I'm hoping that all you are experiencing is temporary.

Sleep disturbance is common for going off of many meds. Sometimes I would wake up every 20 minutes when in the midst of stopping a med. I have an underlying sleep disorder, though, so maybe my experience was more extreme?

I develop uncontrollable muscle twitching that originally stemmed from a reaction to an SSRI. When going off certain meds, these twitches increase for up to a few weeks before going back to a baseline or something slightly worse than the baseline. I personally would have a doctor witness your fasiculations (sp?) just in case they don't go back to whatever passes for normal for you.

The sensitivity to sound is quite annoying, but I've always found it to be temporary. Your nervous system might be adjusting? Haven't really researched this in the context of medication withdrawal, so I don't know exactly why it happens.

Don't know if this is any help, but I can definitely sympathize with what an ordeal it is to change or go off of meds. I don't think most docs fully appreciate the extent of changes to our bodies as a result of these substances.

fanfaire,
who had to start taking inhaled steroids today
dahlek (01-10-2008)