View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I have been very carefully

'titrating' from three doses of Keppra to zero over a four week period. It's only upon going from one to zero that the sx's [symptoms/side effects] are appearing to any degree of notice. The neuro is not remiss here at all...It is ME!
Especially I don't want to muss up attempts at a new base line, nor complain without the benefit of some other folk's experiences. I just don't want to appear over-reactive or something to both the titration nor the differences[or not] of being on[or off] the medications. Drugs can save our lives, or complicate them greatly. I can only peg the FDA and the drug companies for no clearer descriptions for PATIENTS on how to titrate and do it safely...plus what to look out for if it's not 'working'!
So here folks, don't blame my docs? PLEASE! If anyone is to blame it is me. My only constructive criticsm to them would be tho...as I'd been telling them all along [at least a year]? It's just don't pay attention ONLY to the results with *asterisks*, but those numbers with near hi or low ** numbers. Geesh! I would think that 'heading things off at the pass' so to speak would be the ideal...Doc's worlds, tho. I sure wish we could get a handle on so we all could get on more productive pages. IF there were clear and concise guidance about medication titration.. then we all would be able to do it far safer! I just wonder WHY THIS ASPECT IS AN UNSPOKEN ISSUE? Fodder for a different thread tho, I suspect. Or is this the source of another 'emerging' industry? Yes! I am a product of the 60's and 70's - equating to some new 'evil subversive plot?' I think not, I believe it's ultimately a clear potential liability issue. Ironic isn't it? It's all been insurance approved to 'do it', but not to get off it.. All no less subjective than the description of 'pain'!

Melody? I don't know s lot about Atavan from other meds of that category, and I admit it's not much. But, I suspect that your instinct that she'd not taken her meds is probably right. I wish I could advise you better about her dear creature. I know you don't have one...but it's worse than kids...at times. To intervene tho, could get you caught up in a wasps' nest of family relations [another persons' family] that you do not want to deal with.. Just go and hold hands and be sure she takes her pills. Best I can suggest. - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote