View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default OK after you'd asked your question..

about 'voluntary' implants...I did searches...lots of searches! And came upwith absolutely NO objective sites about the issue..or the consequences. I briefly ventured into such sites and found no viable info about all the pro's and con's at all. PS sites are simply sites that exist to extoll the virtues of such surgeries...not the problems!
I will reiterate again, do take a look at the breastcancer.org sites? They have two forums about their own explorations into whether implant surgery is advisable or not... I don't suggest you post there... but merely read their comments about the pro's and con's... I have found that at times, reading about others' desires to improve their images [deserved after the wracks that medical treatments can DO to THEM]should be both humbling and enlighening. Further...They have found many of the BEST and most astute Plastic surgeons in any given region of the country...they often name names! Those references should give you insights as to who are the 'good' docs or not for such surgeries...Mastectomies really can do a 'mind job' on you, the further 'reconstruction' aspects do another on you...plus the chemo, radiation and further follow up chemos...We talk here about PAIN? These folks truly know PAIN...all in the effort to get well and live..
Beyond that tho...is the fact that such ladies as these...who have been the first recipients of implants for other than cosmetic persons...learned very quickly that there were side effects that no one anticipated...and that THEY ARE the ones citically concerned about getting info straight to all patients about whether implants are 'good' or not.
I've even tried to find some Plastic Surgery papers about complications etc...found NONE! I just mite not be looking in the right places?

No one here can make this decision for you...as to long term effects? Many deny the issue, many condemn any possibilities either way.

Whatever your decision, I truly hope you find your way? - j

As to IF or WHEN you might get PN? Well, most PN's are never tied to any cause or effect...
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote