View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 08:47 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

That's exactly what I do. I go and hug her and hold her hand.

During the summer I go on her porch every single night. I bring muffins. And all her neighbors and sometimes her grandkids come and sit on the porch. It's a cool place to be for about an hour. And when the feast comes to Brooklyn, it's right on the corner of her block, so the band plays.

I've known her dog, Babe for a long time. He's a little Schitzu (spelling??sorry), a little doll. He sleeps in her bed at night. And the most amazing thing is that he knows exactly when the Fed Ex guy is coming down the block in his truck. And the UPS guy too.

I always wonder "how does this dog know when the Fed Ex guy is coming". When I walk in her house, he comes running to greet me and jumps up and wags his little tail. He is the happiest little doggie I have ever seen.

I don't know much about bladder tumors in dogs, and dogs blood in their urine but from what I've read, well, it's not good. And the bad thing is that she can't cope. WITH ANYTHING. Her daughter lives right across the street, thank goodness, and her son is downstairs, but really, no one understands her torment. And believe me, she's in torment.

I never saw a person in such distress as I did this poor 75 year old.

She knows she can call me whenever she wishes. She's a dear person.

Oh well, hopefully, when this is all over, they will get her a little puppy. She really needs something or someone to hold and to love. All her grandchildren are grown and don't seem to need her as much lately.

Oh well.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote