View Single Post
Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hon.

Compression Stockings, come in various strengths and they COMPRESS in various degrees on your leg.

In my honest opinion, given that you have neuropathy, I'd ask your physician first. These are not the most comfortable things. They are tight. I for one, could never wear these.

They are prescribed for people who retain water and the stockings push the water back into their bodies and then they pee it out (this is just simplifying it), but I watched a special on the Discovery Channel, that explained the whole thing.

Here's a description from the internet:

"Compression stockings are used to support the venous and lymphatic systems of the leg. They offer graduated compression where maximum compression is achieved at the ankle and decreases as you move up the leg. This compression, when combined with the muscle pump effect of the calf, aids in circulating blood and lymph fluid through the legs"

Speak to your doctor, then you can decide, okay?

Oh, here's a video link to a doctor who explains exactly what neuropathy is. He then goes into diabetic neuropathy, but initially he explains all about NEUROPATHY itself.

Here you go:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WJizTRGOmRU

Mel

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote