Thread: Botox issues
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 09:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Pono,
I did botox injections twice for headaches, trigeminal neuralgia and neuropathic pain in my head/neck/shoulder...all on the right side that was unrelenting. The first time I did, it worked beautifully, about 75-80% pain relief and lasted about 3 months. I was very happy I did it. The odd thing is, I did it again about 5 months later and it did nothing at all. The pain mgmt doctor said that is just the way it goes sometimes. He had no explanation.

I did have to pay for it myself but, a friend advised me to go directly to the pharmacy provider(Medco) and get it from them. It was shipped to me and I brought it to my doctor rather than having the doctor get it, it saved me a bit of money. It was several years ago but, I think I paid something like $400 and that amount gave me a series of injections that were done in my neck/shoulder and they were not too painful.

I have also done cranial sacral work and like that as well but, it is hard to find someone who does it well.

I would say, since you are in such pain, it would be worth trying and do price shop for the botox.

Have you ever tried steroid injections in the affected area or toradol along with lidocaine? Sometimes the toradol with lidocaine brings down the pain and spasms enough to give relief for awhile.

I just started taking an anti-inflammatory, Voltaren, along with my regular Norco and Soma and it helped a bit.

You have my sympathy Pono. I know exactly what you mean about having head and neck pain so badly you can never find a comfortable position to lie down or even sit in a recliner and you just want to cry.

I wish you the best,
Diandra
Diandra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pono (07-28-2008)