View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 10:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

HUGE HUGS MILI

It is not easy to be a MOM for a special child.

Hold yourself somehow together, try to rest on it, take breaks in your room, close the door, it helps your sanity.

Think about this other aspect of the situation that is not talk about. I observed while my boy was on Risperdal and worse off Risperdal that he needed food almost every 1 hour and a half otherwise he would have an episode of aggression or self-injurious behaviour.

In Vince's case looks like his thoughts become dark and testy. His assistant should observed the time when he become "depressed" talking about death, start to utter threatening words, becomes aggressive, etc.

For my Danny we place small plates of food at 1 hour and half because by 2 hours it was too late. A little drink, fruits, some nuts, milkshakes (do you have Ensure?), crackers/bread (in those times I was not aware of diets like GF/CF) with PB or Nutella, snacks that we knew he loved and then he would go on smiling. All that besides his 3 meals. He was/is very skinny like your boy, perhaps he has a fast metabolism and needs to eat more often.

Risperdal affects (changes or damages) the way the the body metabolise foods/drugs in general, specifically causing in some cases hyperglycemia, the way to diabetes. On and after Risperdal my son was diagnosed with it.

So do research "drug-induced hyperglycemia" or "Risperdal hyperglycemia". I think I spell it right.

Again <<<<HUGE HUGS>>>>>
Isabelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote