View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 11:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Exclamation *Possible trigger* Warning Rambling Ahead

This is very interesting to me. So many of the things she talked about hit home with me. (Except for the great home life growing up.) But the "going crazy"...and staying crazy...the suicide attempts...many hospitalizations...medications...and ECT. Although, I did not have to wear a diaper. But, the rest of the description of coming out of the ECT stuper, and trying to put the pieces together of where and who you are. I had never heard anyone put that feeling into words. I was very disoriented, or "disconnected" from myself and the world. Things slowly coming back...but not everything...not by a longshot.

My sister threatened to sue my pdoc if he gave me anymore treatments. He dropped me like a hot potato. In my haze between treatments, I had forgotten she was pregnant (about 4 months along) and this bothered her quite a bit. She knew little else of the condition I was in prior to the ECTs. I had 7 treatments. I have mixed feelings about that situation with my sister, although I believe she thought she was acting in my best interest...maybe she was. But, I have to say that when I was pregnant a year later, she said to me three times, "I keep forgetting you're pregnant!"

I only got to watch two of the videos, 'cause hubby has gone to bed, and I don't want to wake him, which is also why I should stop typing now.

Sorry for the ramble