Thread: Having a whinge
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 11:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink Hi Lynn, you are so not alone!!

Hun please don't beat yourself up!! I am still hiding my own Easter eggs!! The brain takes a very long time to heal and only if you don't constanly overload it!! It sounds like you are trying to achieve a lot during your healing process! I still can't comprehend and my motor skills are still poor. You have to give your brain time to slow down and heal sometimes!! I know how hard it is and we just want our essance back. I can't remember anything short term!!! I get so confused so easy!!!
I am a year June from my rupture, but 1 year since my last surgery this month!! Rupture patients take a couple years for the blood to absorb into our brains. I keep hearing 2 years is the turning point? I hope so!!! You just have to have patience hun!! Brain trauma is the most serious of all!! I miss being a firefighter, but I know that I am so far off from that it is a pipe dream!! I am just happy to be alive and we are very lucky to have survived a rupture!! Esp. if since we don't have any limb loss or worst?? They say the more you stimulate your brain, like playing scrabble... is very good. I play word circle, computer games... Drinking water is very important!! Blueberries are supposed to be brain food, help memory... The heathier you eat the better you will do! You need to find an outlet for your frustration!! That's why I write poetry!! Listen to music, anything to soothe you!!! Please try to not beat yourself up, this is not your fault and we are lucky to even be here!! You should be proud of what you accomplish, not be in such a hurry and try to enjoy life a little more! Take care and know that you are not the only one that feels that way everyday!! Believe me, it is one of our main conversations when we talk on the phone! My hubby keeps reminding me that he is just glad to have me here and he doesn't care how "screwy" I am, LOL!! He reminds me of what is important when I get upset!! I will keep you in my prayers hun!! Love always Tricia
FireflyR7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote