View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 11:34 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the input. Kim, that's interesting about the dark vs light glass. I knew that about dark and light metal pans; didn't realize it applied to glass. Along with the bread not rising as high due to less cling on the sides, that's some of the info I'm interested in.

I do vaguely remember the silicone discussion. Wish I remembered it more (or is it that I paid more attention to it? I was happy with my bakeware back then.) My gut is silicone bakeware hasn't been around long enough for us to know. And, I don't know if Tom has problems with heavy metal and other toxin excretion. So, at this point of the game, I don't think it's a wise decision for me to bake with silicone.

As far as Teflon versus other non-stick... I guess I kind of lump it together. I checked my notes, and I didn't write it down. So, I'm not sure if he said no Teflon, or no non-stick. So, once again, I'm thinking none of the non-stick options are good for Tom. A "better safe than sorry" approach.
Mom to Samantha (10), Claire (9), and Tom (7). Tom is developmentally delayed with poor vision, lousy fine motor skills and epilepsy. His seizures are pretty well controlled through diet - dairy-free, gluten-free, rice-free, and coconut-free.
RathyKay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote