View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 02:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My baby boy has asthma, the cough kind. Oh that is so much fun, not. I have been watching what you are going through, and wishing I could help. But it takes the right doc.

Oddly enough.....They gave Wes a shoot of Tramadol and prescribed him Naproxin. (He has pluresy ) His cough is calming down. That's the part I don't get. Pluresy is just an inflamation of the muscle and connective tissue around the outside of the lungs. The anti inflamatories should just help the pain. But I am greatful. He's grumpy as all get out though.

I have thought about how to react. And I have come up with this. Instead of reporting her, I think I should address her directly. Write her a letter and let her know that allthough her anguish over one more child smoking and endangering their lives is appreciated, it is misdirected and was not helpful in anyway in this particular child. (YOUNG MAN OMG when did that happen?)

I think if I can use this as an opportunity to teach, instead of going off, she might listen better and be more effective if she is ever to come across another person with schitz.

I have learned that urgent care and emergency proffesionals are truly caring people with truly CRAPPY bedside manner. They seem to be more interested in saving your life than in cultivating any relationship. lol

I am thinking about what I want to tell her. What would help her when she is presented with her own opportunity to teach a patient about their health.

If I get that far, I'll post it before it gets sent.