View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default perispinal etanercept

One would think this kind of discovery would be all over the television, in the newspapers, on 60 minutes, I MEAN ALL OVER THE PLACE.

If I had a family member with Alzheimers, I would be at the doctor's door in a heartbeat.

So why isn't this happening?? Can you imagine the amount of people this compound would help.

Reminds me of the film Awakenings with Robin Williams, when all the people had Parkinson and they were frozen in their chairs, and I think he shot them full of LDopa, and they WOKE UP. Most amazing film I ever saw.

My Aunt Marion was in the nursing home with Dementia. I went to see her. I will never forget this formerly beautiful woman who used to dance on the stage and she was in stage productions in her earlier years and even when she was 50 and 60, she could stop traffic she was so beautiful, and there she was, sitting in a wheelchair, biting her sleeves.

My uncle and I had brought photos to "stimulate" her brain.

She looked at me, thought I was my mother. She looked at a photo of my father (who was so handsome he looked exactly like Charles Farrell of My Little Margie, tv show of 50 years ago).

When my Aunt saw the photo of my father, she jumped up off the chair and said "Oh my god, isn't he gorgeous."

Then she just receded into her mind again.

Insidious disease, this Alzheimers. I, for one, hope that someone takes the ball with this and runs with it.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote