View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 05:11 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

I saw it on CNN. I am sure it has to go thru more clinical trials, but if it works for a number of people with NO downside or minimal downside, they may FAST TRACK it.

Sometimes they come out with things and results appear fabulous, but later, there are problems or adverse reactions....and law suits.

So, I am sure they are studying this like crazy. It has great potential if it holds true, it is wonderful news.

Amyloid is not usually the factor in PN, most PN that is. I don't know if this just targets the amyloid plaques involved in Alzheimers or if it works on all amyloid accumulation. I think for inflammatory PN it could be a track to pursue....and I think they will likely do studies on even 'idiopathic axonal neuropathy' just to see if there is any improvement at some point in time.

I wonder if they are pondering it for other amyloid conditions...such as the amyloidosis group of disease.

Any breakthrus in neuro care have implications for other area. Parkinson's research has been critical to many other diseases, as have other neuro research initiatives.

I am very happy to hear this news, as we have Alzheimers in my family.

I have given up more of my tissue to be tested that there isn't much left but bone to fork out....and I keep getting, no inflammation, no amyloid. Oh well.

I think we will hear more of this breakthru and soon.

BTW you are going to see more and more typos on my posts, I do apologize, I simply will time out and I get tired of editing.....yes, I am aware of misspelling and dropped letters, please bear with...brain is still fine....fingers are not.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote