View Single Post
Old 01-12-2008, 10:01 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Roxie, tho I've not gone thru this?

INput from others has told me that it is important to get that 'port' used as soon as possible..should there be any problems they will crop up right away. That is aside from some pain/discomfort either from the needle accessing the port or from the 'disturbing' of the surgical site..thing is you've got to use it to keep it ...well, going. Those I have met who have them definitely endorse their use...less pain, fewer problems overall. Just be SURE you are well educated as to what all are the truly PROPER sterile procedures that should be followed? It is your life, health and safety here, after all. People forget, even medical professionals so YOU are going to have to be the HAWK on this stuff..Caution, prevention, can save a whole heap of problems down the road to keep things from going wrong. It is my hope and prayer that you are more on top of IT ALL than they are! I do believe you are, and I suspect you are wishing rite now, that you could 'cruise' a bit? Not now, maybe later? I sure hope you get a 'cruising' point and soon! Anything that is not up to YOUR OWN standards of quality...ask questions of your docs and demand answers...Remind them YOU are the person affected by all this?

In my mind, you are one truly brave and serious person about this all. YOu want to get better! Just truly wish any improvements show up soon? My! I truly hope for this! - j

dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote