View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 06:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Apologies that the link in my last post didn't come up highlighted but it did work nevertheless by cutting and pasting into the search engine's web address line (I don't know its technical name - !).

Glenn, you said in your post ---I'm curious about the ANNA (not ANA, I assume, and not ANCA) finding from your past--you may know that the presence of the antibodies (otherwise referred to as Anti-Hu and Anti-Ri) are associated with paraneoplastic snydromes. I'm glad the extractable test was negative, but that doesn't mean you have no autoimmune issues--there are numerous autoantibodies that react directly with aspects of nerve

You may not remember but in a post dated September 23, 2007 I mentioned about these Anti Neutrophil Nuclear Antibodies (ANNA's) which showed up and you felt that they may need some further looking at. I raised this query with my neurologist and that is why he ordered the ENA (Extractable Nuclear Antibodies). He didn't seem to want to pursue anything else after getting the result so I don't know where to go next.

--and I'd have doubts they've titred you up for all the GM/GQ/GD series ones. Have you ever had tests for anti-MAG or sulfatide antibodies? No I've not had these done but when I get a chance I will look them up.

Thanks Cathie also for that suggestion. I will look at avenues here first for a possible skin punch biopsy, then maybe consider following up at some stage with the JH option.
Megan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote