Thread: Night Owls
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 12:40 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Yeah...I know what you mean. I can't remember how many times I've been asked "what do you want from me!!!", when I really don't want anything at all. I've tried to explain that it's all about attidude, and that it's not any harder to do something cheerfully than it is to do it with an attitude, but that message never seems to get through. I know the Mrs. has had a rough time of her own because of my illness, but what I can never fathom is why she thinks that she's the ONLY ONE who has suffered? I mean, it sure ain't been no walk in the park for me!...

I read something once about how it's common for a person to blame their spouse for something like this instead of blaming the bad luck that caused it. I think that's what's happened to us. The sad part is that the wounds have cut so deeply by now that I'm not sure they can ever heal. I'm a romantic by heart, and I've never believed in divorce, so where does that leave me? My greatest fear is of waking up one day twenty years from now and realizing that I've totally wasted the last two decades of my life.

Okay, so I guess you can tell I'm feeling a little melancholy tonight... Maybe that's because you haven't been here to keep me on my toes! Not to embarrass ya, dear, but I always look for your name whenever I log onto the forums these days. That's because I know you're always good for a pleasant bit of conversation...
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote