View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 03:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Surgery tomorrow - scared

Hi everyone

Well this is it...tomorrow is the big day. I had one hell of a week last week with my daughter and my stress level went through the roof! Nothing went right and I never cried so much. Things have settled down some but far from over. Right now my ex husband is handling everything and has my daughter with him. I can't handle it right now. I need a break. I'm almost looking forward to going into the hospital. I just hate hospitals.

I'm getting quite scared and nervous. It hit me on Friday but then I've just been too busy to be able to sit and think about it. I got a shocking phone call from my surgeon Friday afternoon. I about dropped the phone. It was the last person I expected to hear from. I felt so much better after talking with him. He called to see how I was doing and if I had any last minute questions. He promised he and the hospital would take good care of me and he has a positive outlook on this. He feels good will come out of this and I wil get better. I surely hope so. He told me that I was scheduled to be first tomorrow 6 A.M. surgery! ACK! But then he had me moved to second since I am not close by. It's an hour drive. I will have to be there around 7 A.M.

I feel as though I have finally found the help I needed and things are going in the right direction. I do have a lot of knowledge on TOS now and I am disgusted how too many Doctor's blow us off and just want to prescribe meds and diagnose us with other things. There are so many tests that can be done to diagnose this properly and it needs to be caught in time. If you receive the proper treatment all should go well. We have to fight and keep fighting. If we don't trust a Doctor..find a new one..keep looking. They are out there. First thing to do is ask if they are familiar with TOS! Some don't even know what it is. We have to be verbal and ask lots of questions. I'm sure glad for this site as well. Hopefully we will all receive the help needed and get better!

Wish me luck and I will let you know how it goes once I can get back on here again...may be a while.

Momz

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote