View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 04:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missa View Post
So I've only been on Lyrica since thursday evening and I already feel myself bloating up! Also, I have some relief from the shooting pains I get but have no relief from the aching in my chest/armpits. It makes me feel really dizzy as well... and kind of like blurred vision.

Should I start taking less to eventually get myself off of it? Or just keep taking it until I see the Doc on the 24th?

Not sure what to do here...
Hi Missa

I am off to surgery tomorrow and I'm in a lot of pain today so i can't type much. I was put on Lyrica and had bad side effects. It did help but the side effects were too extreme for me to handle. There are other medications out there that work with not as many SE. It sure sounds like you have the symptoms of TOS and not fibro. That was mentioned to me by one physician as well but none of the Dr's I have been too agreed with that diagnosis. I don't have pain everywhere. It's not fibro. I would really do a lot of talking with your Doc and explain your symptoms in detail. Ask for tests that can confirm TOS. There are no tests for fibro. If you can't get any answers or anywhere with this Doc...find another one. You may want to look into a Vascular group but make sure they are familiar with TOS and can get you in the right direction. Also just prescribing meds is not the answer for TOS. I have been through Hell for a year and can't take meds. I'm almost glad that I can't because I would've been a zombie who was depressed and in pain. I had to fight and do it all my own. I wish you luck and lots of us are here to help. i won't be for a while but take care.

Momz

Wishing I could think more positive and be well again!
momzpeachy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote