View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 05:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anyone moved latley?

Hello all:

I just had the glorious experience of moving my household and I was quite oblivious to how (((earthshaking))) it was going to be. Parkies should stay put unless there is a very good reason to move. I have moved on a regular basis throughout my life and always enjoyed the change, the shakeup and cleanout that comes with each move is healthy and keeps the "stuff" from accumulating. But I guess cognitivley speaking I have lost a lot of my elasticity in the last few years and it's possible to do more damage than good by shaking up yoiur life.

At the end of December I moved into a beautiful new basement suite built just for me (I even designed the floor plan). One of my sons is a builder and my daughter and her husband bought this house specificaly so I could live with them. I am very happy here, or at least I will be when I get settled. That may take awhile. The novelty of looking for everything from the Peanut butter to a clean pair of underwear is long past. Furniture doesn't always fit where you thought it would and a strange sort of homesickness makes you feel like you are not where you should be.

I know I need to make this adjustment, but I never anticipated the mental
1adjustment would be this tough. Anyone had a similar experience? Any advice for those who will be moving in the future? Any suggestions for me to make the adjustment more quickly?

Look forward to your comments. and Happy New Year.