View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 09:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Take note

if you read both sad and distressing stories

underneath the medical and social negligence

both Ladies....chose and decided the times of their death...

Kathleen.....gave up because she felt her mum had abbandoned her....[ sadly not the case] she most deffinately knew by not eating at regular times and drinking would be harmfull to her... she stressed this to all staff from day one in her own enigmatic way....

Iris i truly believe told me it was time ...with her expressions [ i had cared for this lady for 7..1/2 years and knew all of her looks/sounds/silence...] I believe the nurses who had seen me at hospital for many weeks [ i volunteered to work with Iris all the time she was in hospital] Knew i understood her reaction and relayed my concerns and helped her pass away peacefully.

The death of these two beautiful souls caused me untold distress and Iris' death was my reason to find alternative employment.

Life is sacred.... but ultimately god gave us all free will.... and as sad as it may sound ... occassionaly people choose to die before their designated time...

If there is a God then only he can judge those actions.......but i am sure that if God created free will........ then the choice to die peacefully and in dignity with as many faculties that are require for an in formed choice then... that rests with us all as humans...

Saying that those of impaired minds... also have a choice....

ODD you may say.... but in the throws of severe mental illness is an individual wrong or right if he/she takes their life............once again GOD will decide....

'Come un to me all that are suffering' ....springs to mind... maybe...just maybe...GOD is.. the nurse.. the practioner.. the support worker.. the family member.. who says 'This person is suffering its time to end the pain'

The elderly and the disablled need protecting from beurarcrats, that weigh up life with £/$....................LIFE /DEATH SHOULD NEVER BE MEASURED by money....................i stress to you all make a living will of your intentions caused by injury or infirmity... then at least you let your loved ones know what to do.

And yes the administration of Morphine is leagal as pain relief in hospital/home patient...... and ususaly when a person points out adverse pain/suffering then the administration is escollated... to reduce pain... yet sadly induce death....

David

DMACK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Alffe (01-14-2008), Nik-key (10-09-2008)