View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 01:42 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Red face In need of your experiences...

Hi everyone... !

Okay, so this wednesday I am scheluded for laparoscopic surgery. Basically it's just a fishing trip, to hopefully find some clues as to what is wrong with me. I've been suffering from chronic abdominal pain for the past four and a half years, and apart from a constantly high WBC there are no other syptoms to go on. I've had virtually every scan and test known to medicine and they've all been clear, except for my last CT which showed some slight swelling of the distal colon.

What I'm hoping to learn from all your priceless experience is what I can expect from this procedure, and how I will feel from it afterward. Curious has already (gleefully, I think) informed me of the indignity of having chronic gas after my surgery, but is there anything more I should be prepared for? How much discomfort will it cause, and for how long? And the one thing that worries me most: what are the chances of any complications occurring from this surgery?

I thank anyone in advance who would take the time to enlighten me and perhaps ease my mind a bit over this...
Idealist is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote