View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 10:18 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default a moving experience

Rosebud

We moved in July and I'm still bewildered by where things are as opposed to where they ought to be. I wander into a room expecting it to be a bedroom. I wander into the kitchen and turn right expecting the refrigerator to come into view only to be confronted by the oven. The other day I asked my wife where I was to put the dirty laundry. She said, "In the laundry room." I have never had a laundry room before and wonder if my social status has changed because of this new acquisition. I keep reminding myself that I have another, much larger house somewhere else only to be caught up short by the reminder that I sold that house in order to buy this one.

That's not all. I retired in July and spent most of each day (except Sundays) at work and away from the house. Now I am at home all day and the tools of my trade (computer, library, microscope) are with me. My wife is also with me; all day, every day. We have to get used to each other all over again. I am sure that she is finding out things about me that she was never aware of before; I certainly am finding out things about her.

Life is beginning to smooth out, however. If only the refrigerator and oven would return to their original places and the laundry room stop acting so uppity.

All the best.

Lloyd
burckle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote