View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 11:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question How long does recovery take?

Wow, I just discovered this forum and it is amazing to read so many people dealing with and feeling similar things to what I have been going through.

My background - I had 4 concussions in a 18 month period (2 car accidents and two skiing accidents - all not my fault by the way). The first 3, I bounced back pretty quickly, minor headaches, but generally okay after a couple of days. The 4th one was a different story. It was 18 months ago and I am still recovering. The headaches are less frequent, but still just as intense. I have difficulty comprehending what I am reading and working (I'm an accountant) can be frustrating. I have difficulty sleeping still and have been taking noritriplyne throughout my recovery to help me sleep. My neurologist initially said to give it 6 months. After a year, he referred me to a neuropsychiatrist, who said 18 months is the bell curve for major improvement. My neurologist basically said there isn't anything else he can do for me at this point.

Has anyone else's recovery taken this long? I keep trying to remain optimistic, but if my state is permanent, I need to find a new line of work. Functioning at 60-70% of your previously self leaves me making lots of mistakes.

Also - has anyone else had vision issues? Sometimes I get what I can best describe as double vision. I can focus on things close in, but when I look 10-15 feet away, my eyes sort of bounce around and my vision is blurry. If I really stare as something, I can focus on it, but it takes tremendous concentration and usually leaves me throwing up and with a major headache. I have 20/20 vision and this only happens a few times a week, but it is scary when I am driving or jogging.
soccermom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote