View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 12:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraud-atty View Post
MIKE,
I APPRECIATE THE INFORMATION, BUT WHAT YOU ARE SUGGESTING IS IMPOSSIBLE AT THE MOMENT. HIS INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER WHAT YOU ARE SUGGESTING. HE DOES HIS OWN PHYSICAL THERAPY BUT IT IS NOT THE SAME AS HAVING A PHYSICAL THERAPIST. HE TAKES THE VITAMINS YOU MENTIONED. ACUPUNTURE IS NOT COVERED AND TO PAY FOR IT HIMSELF, WOULD DEPLETE HIS FUNDS. HE IS SUBSISTING ON 1500.00 A MONTH FROM SOCIAL SECURITY. STEM CELLS ARE HIS ONLY HOPE.

AGAIN, I APPRECIATE YOUR HELP BUT WE NEED MORE AGGRESSIVE MEASURES.
PAT
I agree it is tough I know a 21 year old kid that also got his neck broke in a motor cycle acident. He comes to my school for treatment 3 times a week. When he comes we gather up all of the first year students to do tui na on him then we get to or 3 needlers and 2 electric stimilator machines and turn up the juice. Many of the people I go to school with are already doctors or physical therapists and give him very good advice there I was in the room when my friend who is a physical therapist told him he would come to his house to do therapy with him if he had time. Acupuncture and massage schools are usually small and have 25-100 students (usually). They are usually owned by one guy or a family and if you go there and tell them what you just told me (I have a broken neck and no money) they will probally treat him for free because the students need practice and it's good business to show that they are helping poor people with spinal cord injuries not to mention the moral factor (If it was me and I had a clinic I would treat him for free and so would most of the people I go to school with. You can't find out unless you ask. If he recieved that kind of treatment he would walk again, see the nervice system is like a spidder web you cut it in one place the spidder (your body) comes and fixes it and if it can't fix it it works around it to make the web whole but the spidder (your body) needs the right tools to get the job done. That's where all the therapy comes in and the fact that he is young makes things even easier.

Stem cell research:
The following is one way that stem cells are used for spinal cord injuries not the only way but it is the one I know about.
Basically to make stem cells work in someone he needs to be in the hosiptal for a week where they bring his immune system down to the point where even a small grem can kill him then they inject the stem cells after this he needs to be in the hospital for another week or two and if he lives and does not die from a small germ he has to be supper careful for the next 6-8 months because his immune system will be so weak that even the smallest sickness could kill him. They are practicing this in Europe right now and he can go and get it done but it is very risky.

Now add all that up;
-Round trip flight to Europe with a high risk of dieing as a result of the flight back
-At least 2 weeks in a hospital
-The doctors who do the treatment
-The cost of the actual stem cells
-Travel expenses
-Whatever drugs they give him to take after the procedure

If he can't afford therapy I wish him luck with that bill though maybe he could take a loan.

God Bless
,Mike
1MikeD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote