View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 12:55 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

I was bedridden before the surgery and am the same today.

I used to have horrific constant headaches, including a terrible feeling at night as I lay down that my head was swelling and may burst - that feeling left. About 1 1/2 years after surgery, less prominent headaches have returned.

I feel I have better circulation on the right side. My RSD, which was really horrific and I used to lay with my arms on pillows just BURNING day after day, with color changes and swelling, absolutely went away for 1 1/2 years. Now, lesser degrees of RSD are back.

My pain was always an 8 to 10, totally unacceptable for living, and still is. I need to work with my new pain mgt. doc and this will be our focus point.

I became sick because I overworked as an attorney on the computer for very long hours with several warnings from my body that the ergonomics was bad. I ignored it. I remember the day the swelling went up the arm, the neck, and into my brain. I worked for one more year, but then, had no choice but to leave. I don't believe I will ever work again, and unless I have my nurse 4 days a week, AND my boyfriend helping me, then I am going to have to go to a nursing home. I believe TOS nerve damage is progressive, and how fast it progresses varies. But cures? I have not yet seen one, although as God is my witness, I PRAY for others to have one.

Surgery was a breeze and I think it was absolutely worth it.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote