View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 10:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Thumbs up Thank You!

Thank you for all of the valuable information you have provided. Since I have already started on GF and have actually had energy for the first time in I don't know how long, I can't see going backwards. At this point I am only on a prescription to suppress my immune system (thats not good), if I can keep things under control, I think I can convince the GI to take me off the meds to see what will happen. I am going to post on the Autoimmune site and see if anyone else has been diagnosed with the same problem.

As for symptoms, I have never been able to drink beer, it goes straight to my urinary tract and I end up with a UTI. They have done all kinds of tests over the years and tried to put me on a nasty medicine which I refused to take. I just don't drink beer (barley).

I have been tested for thyroid disease numerous times throughout my life due to major fatigue, never any conclusions as to why I have always been fatigued.

I have (had) ulcers on my foot that was diagnosed as fungus, but never went away until I went GF.

I have had horrible rashes that the doctors figured must be a chemical sensitivity to soaps, but looking back the raised welts (raised sometimes an inch off of the skin) were yellow (jaundice).

Throughout my life I have had multiple problems with my intestines and even after a scope they never figured it out and told me I must have a spastic colon due to stress. The symptems of this were so bad that I would be bed ridden.

My minimal research shows that all of these symptoms could be caused by CD. I really think that it is and always has been CD, so I will diligently seek a GF existance and go from there. Any insight about the above symptoms would be well received. Thanks - KSLady
KSLady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote