View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Teresa...

You mean you are cluelesss of went on "over there"
Well, first HI LINDY . Next i'm gonna tell it like it was no holds barred.
And i will only talk about what happened to me, I won't bring Yam into this.
First, someone from our forum notices a newpaper article about a "PWP" who lost her husband in a fire that took away eveything she had. That someone then posts to say "hey kids look at this ;pretty sad huh,? I found out a forwarding address and if you want to throw a few bucks her way to help (as there was no insurance) please feel to do so.
Innocent and thoughtful and courageous in itself huh? Well, this didn't sit well with one of the moderators who, after stating with more than a tad of condescension that this was "solicitation" and as such was not allowed on BT. When the initial poster said (essentially) "well sorrreeee, just thought i'd try to help one of us in great need", the moderator "reminded" the poster that this could be some kind of scam. The moderator stated that it could be either the poster, or the originator of the article's content who was "scamming" for money. Well, the inuendo that the poster who is well known around here for many years, was trying to scam us was too much to take (another poster even verified the newspaper article), and said (essentially) "I am not scamming, what the hell is wrong with you dear moderator; i'd do this for any one of you). Well, that was enough for the moderator, whose identity we don't know, to just ban the poster (Forever! BTW) using some bogus reason like " solicitation; against BT rules". SEveral of us thought this extremely unreasonable, making BT's rules look like some kind of communist manifesto, having no rights to free speach, and "banning" allowed under circumstances of not even knowing who it was that was banning you.
I came forward and said (essentially) "not only does this really stink, someone having the power to rule so heavily on one of us, hiding under JL's coattails with the autocratic power of anonymity, but just look around you, what do you see? Anybody want a mug or something? Support BT, contribute now. I pointed this as being hypocritical how only ONE person on this site was allowed to solicit for a good cause, namely JL.
That got me banned (forever), for "openly disagreeing with a moderator". In other words, anonymous moderator don't like you, moderator laugh oh so funny I CAN BAN YOUR SORRY *** ANYTIME, AND YOU CAN'T DO A DAMN THING ABOUT IT. HAWHAWHAWHAHA (middle finger).
That is what happened, from my point of view. Any comments welcome, but lets not obsess over it , it's water under the bridge now. Fugetaboutit!
I am you and you are me and you are we and we are all together. Know where that came from?