View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 12:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I know this thread is intended for female responses with similar experiences but I may be able to offer some additional information about this.

Firstly, one should discuss this problem in detail with their PCP/GP, neuro, and also a Urologist.

My wife was having a severe problem with leakage and down right spurts upon stress to the abdominal area from exercise, sex, sneezing, and coughing. She consulted with her PCP and was referred to a Urologist. After a full evaluation by the Urologist it was determined that her bladder had settled down to her Uterus. This too is not uncommon for women of pre and menapausal stages.

She had an operation, performed intravaginally, and a cadaver ligament was fastened to her pelvis raising the bladder back to its original position. The surgery was short and she was up and around in a few days. That was about six years ago and she hasn't had a problem since.

However, with age she is experiencing a very slight leakage when she coughs or sneezes but that all. Not at all like the problem before.

Dx'd 12/00 w/RRMS
Dx'd 05/01 w/SPMS
03/05 Rescinded MS Dx Neuro thinks something else
03/06 New Dx of Hereditary Spastic Paraplegia (HSP)
Rare deteriorating motor neuron disease. No cure. No Treatments.
Only 20,000 Dx'd patients in US
HSPCraig is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote