View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 12:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

After a little rain and some temps in the low 40's, (our version of winter), we're back to normal with daytime highs in the 70's and lots of sun. Life is tough is SoCal...

Been busy finishing up my first semester as a Professor. Lots of work. It was challenging to teach and attempt to multi-task, which I really have trouble with. I'd come home from teaching class and just be physically exhausted, but I loved the experience. Unfortunately, I have to cut back and teach only one class this coming semester because it's just too much for me, but at least I get to do one!

Lost my balance a few weeks ago, fell down, and ended up fracturing a bone in my foot. It's a long way down when you're 6'4" and not expecting it! I think it was far more damaging emotionally than physically but I'm moving forward the best I can. I can still work the gas pedal just fine on my "beast" so I'm a happy camper. Life is pretty good...

Decided to head to PAN again this year. Looking forward to seeing old friends and seeing if I can top my experience from last year, where I ended up helping one of my Senator's write an op-ed piece that got a lot of press. Should be fun...

And to clarify the Ali thing...

Lonnie's campaign is with Valeant Pharmaceuticals, who make Zelapar. The campaign can be found at www.fightformore.com and is focused on the caregiver perspective.

Laila Ali didn't write the children's book "I'll Hold Your Hand So You Won't Fall: A Child's Guide To Parkinson's Disease". It was written by another Ali daughter, Rasheeda Ali.

Laila was on Dancing With The Stars, and now co-hosts America Gladiator and is involved with supporting PD and her father in numerous ways, as are the rest of the Ali family.

And so that concludes today's Ali family lesson. Pop quiz coming soon...

Have a great week everyone!

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote