View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 02:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking FINALLY! A Doctor who listens and knows what he's doing!

I had my PT Evaluation done today. The head Dr. of the pain management center sat down and spoke with me for 45 min. Get this... he does NOT agree with the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and actually said he was very disgusted and was going to speak to the Doc that told me that was what I had. He said that he NEVER should have even mentioned it to me. He wholeheartedly does not agree that's what I have and he apologized on behalf of the other doc.

He spoke with me about all my other tests I had already had done before I came to pain management and even explained my mri of the neck in much greater detail to me than my neuro did. And he also informed me that my neuro and the doc who performed my emg did not do it correctly as they should have done both arms so they would have something to compare the affected arm (at the time it was only the left) to. Again, he was upset with how my neuro treated me and apologized that I even had to deal with someone not listening to me the way they should have.

Anyway, his diagnosis?

-Radiculopathy of the Cervical Spine AND Thoracic Outlet!

Not "Thoracic Outlet Syndrome" but hey! We're SO MUCH closer now!!

I have to have PT 3 times a week for 1 month. He said I might also benefit from Trigger Point Injections in my upper back. If after one month I don't feel any or much better they will do spine manipulation and if after that? More EMG testing and so on.

Phew! I feel SO MUCH better knowing I don't have Fibro! And because I feel I finally found a Doc who cares and is trying to help me! I could not be any happier!!

And I truly thank all of you for your information, advice and support! I appreciate it all so much!!
Missa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
astern (01-14-2008), johannakat (01-15-2008), Jomar (01-14-2008)