Thread: Back on Meds
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Sheila
Wow, quite a few people on BT didnt have the best MVD expereince. You, Gidge, Stefanie. I wonder why that is, the success rate is supposedly so high
Jean went to the TN conference a couple of weeks ago and she sent me a DVD where I saw a live MVD. Although I knew the mechanics of what they were doing before I had my surgery, I really didnt realize how traumatized that nerve gets. They were cutting an artery right out from what looked like a part of the nerve. So that left the nerve damaged at that spot. It for sure would take time for that to heal. I had pain for approx. 3 months post MVD. It wasn't till I watched this DVD that I realized why. I'm hoping that is the same for you. Did you just start getting pain again or did it never actually go away altogether.
I'm sorry Gidge isnt doing well, please give her our best. We would love to hear from her. The Original Brain Talk is up and running again as of yesterday. You have to re-register, but I'm hoping some of the old timers will come back there once again.

We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust our sails
ella138 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote