View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 03:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I posted last week about how I am going to be trying Gabapentin and Topomax together to see if I can get some relief from pain.

Like others have mentioned I too gained weight on Lyrica and was quickly taken off of the drug. I then went back to Gabapentin and am currently at a dose of 2000mg a day which isn't relieving all my pain but as I up that dosage I notice the weight gain.

I tried Topomax before and lasted about a month...I felt foggy all the time and just didn't like how 'stupid' I felt. I do beleive part of this may be that my doc didn't perscribe the right titration of the dose. I will start on 12.5mg of Topomax for two weeks and then to 25 for 2wks, 50 for 2wks, 75 for 2wks and then a maintenance dose of 100. I was warned of the side effects - forgetting words, risk of Glaucoma, tingling in the hands in feet, etc, etc by my doc but the hope is that these will lessen over time. As I am not working right now the word loss thing doesn't bother me as much but I will be closely monitoring how I feel.

Has anyone else done Gabapentin and Topomax together?

This is a good thread - sharing stories and bringing to attention the side effects of meds is VERY important
JAMY is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tshadow (01-14-2008)