View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Brian:

I'll be honest with you. The only thing that affects the burning of my feet is when my son calls. It's like clockwork. He calls, my feet burn. He doesn't call, well ....I just continue to take my Methyl B-12, and deal with my arthritis. I don't even know that I have neuropathy UNLESS MY SON CALLS.

So it has to be stress related. A trigger that sets up my body to go all screwey. That's the only thing I can think of.

One time, when he called and he was on the phone with his father for 30 minutes, and Alan was trying to get through to him, my whole body started burning. I just stood there and noticed how my arms were burning, and I was starting get real uncomfortable.

I said to Alan. "I'm on fire". He just looked at me.

Nothing I can do about this. He called on Christmas Day and News Years Day. So I burned on both of these days.

The next time he'll call is probably Valentine's day.

The odd thing is that I know when he's on the computer (he lives on the computer by the way). a little message pops up and says 'Frank is online". Now THAT doesn't make me burn, isn't that odd??

But having conversations with him, (and we do not fight, we do not raise our voices, we have perfectly fine conversations), my feet and legs will burn until the conversation is over. It's all in my mind, I know this. My mind sets up my body.

I do have good control otherwise, I don't let myself go crazy about him, I have learned to detach. I'm much better when he does not contact us. Hard to admit, I know this, but I'm just being honest.

Neuropathy is an odd ball of wax, ....you never know when it's going to happen. But in my case, it's definitely stress related.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote