Thread: by mistake!!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 08:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default by mistake!!

Am curious if anyone has done this.
Today, I was feeling a possible simple partial coming. It was noon so went ot take my noon meds. Did so. About 30 minutes later started having double vision, which sometimes occurs with noon meds. Well it suddenly got really bad. I felt as though I was drunk and toxicated. My partner checked to see if I had taken too much meds. YEP, I had taken a double dose(noon and dinner meds) all the same time. 1200 of trileptal and 1000 of keppra.

It got really scary for us both. I could not talk coherently, I was babbling like a drunk, arms had no motor control when I was trying to use my arms to help say what I could not get out. It was a tough expereience ro go through. we called 911, who came in the middle of a nor' easter snow storm. Could not have been nicer. Even though I was pretty freaked out having them all at my house. Too much attention for me.

I ended up being mostly back to myself before they left. Took most an hour an half to wear off the side affects. Yet still feel tried and not my full self.
I was pretty upset at myself for having made such a bad mistake. Had never done this before. Now I can not take evening meds and hope I do not have a seizure in the long no med period. Dr. Said this might happen. AGH!
Am I alone in having done this by mistake? though do not wish this on anyone.
Cedar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote